Saturday, July 23, 2005

THE STORIES OF OUR LIFE

Bridget's Christening 1980

I have just spent another week in the company of Deep Throat AKA the Renegade. When you spend nine plus hours a day with someone you find out quickly if you enjoy the company. The rewards of interesting people are vast and invigorating.

Inside all of us we have that handful of stories that we keep close and dear. How many revealing anecdotes we share depends on the person and the strength of the bond we are developing.

I listened to story after story this past week about D.T.'s childhood, his brothers, High School history, his marriage, his children, his job experiences, the formation of his views, and his philosophies about life, love and work. I was fascinated. And thoroughly entertained all week.

Driving home last evening I realized how much I was going to miss having a companion during the week.  I was especially going to miss those stories.  Even if I did hear one or two of them twice.

The stories I have inside of me I  pour out and into this journal. I find that I am shy about articulating too much about myself, but I am brash with a keyboard!

15 comments:

jmorancoyle said...

I understand exactly what you're saying about being brash with the keyboard. I am, too. I love your photo.
jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

yakima127 said...

Oh, she was a beautiful baby!  I love your brashness, here!  JAE

nellemclaughlin said...

What a beautiful picture. I don't know if brash is the right word.......I think that when we type in our journals we do not censor ourselves. That's what makes the thoughts and personalities of others take flight. Nelle

blondepennierae said...

And we are so fortunate that you are!  Pennie

mtrib2 said...

Very beautiful and sensitive photo.  I am learning that saying my all through the journals cannot always be interpreted the way I mean  for my statements to be taken.  So I back off some if the political correctness is too radical for some people.  But I have never said something that I really don't believe in.  The chat rooms are designed for continual bashing.  Brashness is polite compared to bashing.  Take care,  mark

mavarin said...

I look forward to hearing more of your stories! - Karen

camaroisle050856 said...

     Beautiful picture! Seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

Best Wishes,
Debi

redhotka said...

what a beautiful baby. And i am the same..shy in person big mouth with a keyboard

lisaram1955 said...

Bridget was an extraordinarily beautiful baby, wasn't she?  Lisa  :-]

mrccgoody said...

BEAUTIFUL picture...

ryanagi said...

Aww! Love the photo... funny. You mentioned D.T. told a couple of stories twice. LOL I used to do that on occasion. My friends knew all my good stories. That is why I love my online journal so much. I can tell alllll those stories over again and no one (so far) has said "We already heard that one." LOL

sunnyside46 said...

good stories jsut get better with retelling!
Marti

emfeasel said...

I like your brashiness...;)

dcmeyer420 said...

What a cutie! I love reading your entries. You are a good storyteller...

debbted said...

Good for you!!! "Quitting" has such a negative stigma, but I rebel against it cuz it's smart and healthy to know when to get out!! Congrats--oh, I have had that same experience with the pro and con list. It's good to pay attention to what side you want to win! Blessings, Sassy ;-)

http://journals.col.com/debbted/SassysSecondWord