Friday, February 12, 2010

I've been away too long......

Well, I have a new job and like much of everything in life, it is not what I expected. Nor is it what I was told to expect. After the initial shock of realizing I was starting over, at the bottom, with a salary that does not even rival what I made 20 years ago (because I had a company car, a bonus structure and a gas card for God's sake)and fighting back the tears...I am trying to make the best of it.

After all, it's better than pushing retail frou-frou at people who wander into a Country style restaurant.

Wait! I'm still doing that. Why? First, because I actually enjoy retail and secondly, after two years of not working I frankly need the money.

And so, I promise myself to dust off the funny, and the dark, and the boring, and the silly, and the confessional aspects of my fertile bubbly seven pounds of goo commonly known as my brain and commit to resurrecting Alpha.

Why? Because I miss her.

No comments: