Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I've Been In and Out of Happiness *

I was leaving the Kroger store yesterday, a 12 pack of Miller's Chill in one hand, a bottle of the hard to find Ken's Sun Dried Tomato salad dressing in the other and I became aware of this strange sensation as I walked out into the waning light of a sun drenched day. What is this thing on my face? It's a smile! By gosh, I'm happy!!

Have you had such moments? I remember them like four leaf clovers pressed in some lost book I use to have. Last year I was in a Walmart and suddenly knew I was soooooooooo happy moving to the Louisville area. I don't know why they take me by surprise, but they do.

My daughter is moving into a better apartment across town and I was helping out (just a little) in the clean up and I ran across an old hard plastic pencil box from her grammar school days. I held it up and began to laugh. I had been looking all over for that damn box and had given it up as lost. And there it was, with her.

Rightfully, it/they are hers. She collected them when she was a wee thing. She collected, I bought. I loved those things!

I never did see the "Mary" version of the Garbage Pail Kids, but Bridget hated hers...I'll post it later.

This was my favorite.


* "Is your Love in Vain?", Bob Dylan, Street Legal, 1978

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and smiling. You're a big part of Jland for me.

Clogged Duane huh? Reminds me of something that happened on the way home from work. I passed a bar on Howell Avenue with a sign advertising it as 'Thirst on Howell the Third" and for a moment I was like, "huh, I don't remember there being two other bars there by that name," and then it clicked. Gilligans Island. Thurston Howell. What an awful pun. lol

Dan

Anonymous said...

I often put on music that brings back happy memories and boom I am happy. Lots of changes going on in my life right now and I find as I get older I am rolling with the punches a lot easier. I remember the hub bub of cabbage patch kids!
Have a "feeling groovy" kind of day!
Nelle

Anonymous said...

I am needing one of those happy moments SO bad  This move has really taken it's toll on me and those moment are very few and far between.  I'm glad that you are happy where you are.  It truly is a blessing.

Anonymous said...

I find myself smiling more and more with the weather finally warming up. When I can go outside and get my hands in the dirt of my garden there will be a permanent one for awhile. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're happy!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Too funny.  I never really got into Garbage Pail Kids. I guess I didn't really give them a chance.

Anonymous said...

I didn't enjoyt The Garbage Pail Kids 'back then'. Now I appreciate the joke more.  Life wasn't as funny ...