Friday, July 8, 2011

What I love About Living in a BIG City



I remembered the International Market from the first time we were here. It took me a while to remember where it was located but suddenly I saw it! I crossed three lanes of traffic to make the turn into the shopping center. (Luckily, there was no one to cut off or piss off as I crossed over!)

From the moment of entering into the store I knew I was not in the Neighborhood Krogers! You are greeted by the unmistakeable aroma of fish! When you grab a cart, it is not the average size usually available at the local store...oh no, it has extra room. More like your Club Stores variety.

And speaking of variety! I was like a kid in a candy store. The vegetables were laid out like a spilled cornucopia of exotic colors that had made an emergency landing in the store. Veggies were King! I threw in a seedless watermelon, eggplant, Japanese eggplant, Mexican yams....and on and on.

The aislse were a little more confusing since this is an International Store.

I did not give into temptation and grab Coca Cola from Mexico - honestly, the Real Thing. It is Still made with all those ingredients that are
soooooooo good and not cost cutting. I did walk by - but I will go back and my resolve may not be so intact.

I did toss in some cookies that were like biscuits - so good I may eat the wrapper they came in to boot.

I found jasmine rice. Oh, Foodnetwork.com, here I come. First stop, Paula Dean and a recipe for fried banana peppers.



1 comment:

That gentleman's lady said...

Oh that is one of my FAVORITE things about a big city... that and summer festivals :-) I adore those.