Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I GOT THE BLUES FOR YOU

I have just popped my second hydrocodone of the afternoon because my latest outbreak of shingles is hurting like a mother! I have it in a most uncomfortable area! (Someday I may write about my first outbreak.) Last night I felt the tingling of the beginning, "Gads, that smarts ........oh freaking nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!" The only good thing is the supply of hydrocodone, which I do not need after the first 24 hours but save for those special times when I desperately need them. Such as giving to Zorro so he will fly! Bad pun, I mean to enable him to get on a plane.

So I may be a little loopy.

I'm home alone while my sweetie is up North working. I have my Irish music on the stereo, Lunasa, at full blast. I have spent all afternoon reading the greatest book, POSTCARDS by E. Annie Proulx. I have been practically unable to put it down since I started reading it the other day. Fantastic literature. Best of all, I am on the computer to my hearts content without someone shouting at me from the living room, "What are you doing in there? Blogging AGAIN!!!!!!!" So I should be in heaven, right?

I am so over the thrill of being able to do anything I want. I miss my sweetheart and I am melancholy...especially  so being so pumped full of hydrocodone. Some of the worst parts are looking for my "lost" stuff and having no one to immediately blame. Having no one to wrestle over the remote control...(why is it that men feel they should be in charge of the remote)? No one to come home to and cook dinner for.

Thinking I lived for the weekends before....?

I had no idea.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. But I'm glad you have something to take for it. I understand that is the worst pain on earth. I'm sending you a hug that won't hurt...I know how you feel about the empty house thing. I've been alone since 2001...you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but sometimes it hits me, right out of the blue..I wish that there was someone in the other room, you know? I hope I won't be single forever, and I try to actively appreciate the fact that I don't have to ask Rhett if the TV is too loud or where something is, that ISN'T where it should be...but I can go from completely content, to tears in an hours or so, I never know what will trigger it.

So, I'm here, and you have lotsa friends here...so surf, blog and pop pills to your heart's content...and IM every now and then so I know you're OK...gads! I sound like an old mother hen. I do't know where THAT comes from.

love ya', bebe'

Andi

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary, I am so sorry about the shingles. Hope they go away soon.  Rest!  Anne

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Don't know much about shingles but know they are painful. Take care of yourself. Don't get stressed. I know stress has something to do with them.
Angela

Anonymous said...

I can SO sympathize with the "living for the weekends" thing.  Do the best you can...it won't be forever.  Hope your shingles go away soon!  Ouch!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Mary. Shingles? That's the chicken pox virus, right? I won't ask which nerve path it struck. At least you have Annie Proulx to keep you company. I've read almost everything she's written. My favorite is still Shipping News, but some of the stories in Close Range are fantastic too. When Zorro gets back, make him baby you. Paul

Anonymous said...

You have all my sympathy - I know your pain! My ex is a pharmacist, he made me up something called Schamburg's Lotion or something like that. It helped a little. The Vicodin probably helps more. I remember getting a second lesion, and crying, knowing what it was going to feel like soon enough. I don't think there is a good place to get it. Sorry, I hope it passes very fast for you! Poor baby. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Loopy or not we love you and loopy might be what it takes to get thru the holidays. Lori

Anonymous said...

I so hope you get better and fast. I'm so sorry. I took care of people with shingles and I know how awful it can be. But you are taking good care of yourself, music and fine reading. I'm glad. Ya know I have been thinking I haven't read for a while so since your raving about that book I will add it to my Christmas list. I hate when he's up my butt about being sitting here. He doesn't even say any thing..it's just the expression on his face.

Anonymous said...

(((((Mary))))) Ouch I hope you get better soon...and I hope Zorro gets back home quickly so you can lose possession of the remote control again...I know how it throws things off kilter when there's no struggle...seriously, I hope the pain from the shingles lessens soon, I'll be thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

What's that about?  Do tell!  Come down from the loopy clouds, first, though...feel better!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Ouch..hope your shingles get better. Ain't it sad when your sweetie goes away and ain't Annie Proulx the best! Have a great holiday.
GVP

Anonymous said...

Love that Hydrocodone! Sorry about your shingles...feel better soon.
KAthy

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! Better loopy than in pain. Loopy is more fun. I can relate to you missing your sweetie. I am married to a road warrior. He surprised me this year by taking a full month off work! He had been home for a week and we got into it three times already (not what you are thinking, the-yelling match, i mean). He asks me where everything is, he hogs the remote, he acts like a drill master... Then he buys me flowers, takes me out to lunch, tells me I am great... What to do with these men?

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, Girl!  I feel for you, sounds like you have several things going on to bring you do.  But WE are here to cheer you up!  I hope you are feeling better soon, and Zorro gets back quickly and safely!  Cya, Kris

Anonymous said...

I agree with another comment, better loopy than in pain.  I hope your feeling better soon.  

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

I hope you`ll be feelin` better. Love is great, huh?  Especially for newlyweds!
V