Tuesday, December 7, 2004

PHOTO FRIDAY REFLECTIONS

DAMN THAT CLARK HOWARD

It is time for my entry in Photo Friday. REFLECTIONS. I have waited the appropriate three to five days  pondering how to do it! Quite frankly, all the people who participate are very accomplished with a camera.  I like to sneak mine in after the rush.

It rained all day yesterday and half of today. Finally, the sun broke out and I jubliantly went to downtown Lexington to shoot one of the tall building with the coolest gold glass! The wind was horrific! I was almost blown down. My purse caught a tremendous updraft and nearly flew away with all my stuff.

I found a very quiet and uninhabited Friendship Garden. I walked around and took numerous pictures, wondering if what I was seeing would translate to the computer. It did. The above picture is the result.

Happily, I made my way home only to become very caught up in a Clark Howard topic discussion. It seems that it is being argued before the Supreme Court the right to purchase wine and have it mailed over state lines. You can only imagine my interest, as there is this lovely winery just over the Georgia border that has the most divine Plum Wine. (throw back to my BoonesFarm drinking days.) I was hanging on his every word and suddenly I noticed the police lights coming up fast behind me! Damn it all!!!!!!!! Caught speeding.  He was very nice, since I learned my lesson the last time and did not tell him that I do it all the time .........and I ended up with a warning.

When I arrived home I had waiting for me a letter (A REAL LETTER!!) from my cousin in LA!

Now if only I would win the lottery.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this. Nice job. :)

Anonymous said...

peaceful pic. was that you I saw pulled over by that cop flashing your big eyes at him and flirting. FOR SHAME no wonder you got off!!!!!!! LOL Just kidding glad you got off on that one.

Anonymous said...

That photo is so serene. I love it.
As for wine, I hate it so I don't care. Don't blame me. Blame my Italian father who made me drink it to strengthen my blood and I hated it. : )
Angela

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the serene feeling.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

I think that is one of the prettiest pictures I have ever seen. xoxo

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!  A warning, huh?  Whew!  I remember you talking about your BoonesFarm days...!  JAE

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture.  A warning?  You dog.  I never get less that a ticket when I get stopped.  I'm surprised they don't just throw me in jail!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Great picture!

You can't win the lottery this week, because I'M winning the lottery this week.  I've already made plans to spend the money...

Anonymous said...

It's LOVELY.

Anonymous said...

Your picture is beautiful.  Glad you didn't get a ticket.  That would be a bummer during the holidays!

Anonymous said...

very nice photo!!!! ~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Mary, indeed the lottery is for you this week!  haha.  Great photo, cool warning,a nd let's hope you can still get your GA Plum WIne!  Sounds like a great day.  Thanks for sharing!  Cya, Kris

Anonymous said...

I think your photo is beautiful!  But yeah, I can understand the intimidation of the other photographers on the site.  Some of them are really amazing.  Congrats on your warning - seems you lucked out! An early Christmas gift!  :D

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! It looks like a winning entry. Not lottery, you got Photo Friday!  Ah, I will be interested in that wine discussion too. No mail order wines? This country is going to hell in a handbasket! Glad you got off the speeding ticket fiasco without a scar.  Be careful, Maria Andreatti!

Anonymous said...

Thats the type of picture you just have to take pause and study. It's beautiful!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

This is the bestest picture ever!!!!!!



(I remember real letters......)

Anonymous said...

beautiful photograph and good luck with the lottery....... hugs, judi

Anonymous said...

You look plenty accomplished to me.  Wonderful photo.

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing photogaph.