Thursday, April 22, 2004

My World

Of course, now that I comment that I am uninspired the past several days, I have a resurgence of thoughts. Finally , something to ramble on about in Alphawoman world.

After writing my 25 things and reading the comments I realized so many people have a perception about me that probably is .....for lack of a better word, "cultivated" by my choice of journal entries. 

I am going to step back and think of myself as my co-workers, Joe, and family view me.

Yesterday I call David, a co-worker. (we are out of the office "selling" all day long)  "David, do you know what I really, really, really, reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy want?"

"I haven't a clue, but I bet it's going to be good."

"I want one of those bourbon oak barrels.  Could you ask your "Girlfriend" (I always refer to any women that the guys run across in the "market" as their girlfriends) at Woodford Reserve for one."

"Honey", (everyone in the South, male or female, calls everyone else "Honey") they use those things for making furniture!  They're scarce. Why don't you go to PDQ on New Circle. They sell them there."

"Because I want one for free!"

"What do you want one for anyway?"

"I want to put it under the gutter run off and save the rain water for my garden!"

"Honey, the barrel will be soaked in bourbon!"

"Well, so much better for the tomatoes!"

"It must be so much fun being Mary."

"Sometimes."

"I swear I think you are blond and dye your hair dark."


It was raining something fierce the beginning of last week.  My hair was ruined and I resembled a wet rat.  When it continued to rain the next dday, I yanked all my hair up in a ponytail and made a tight little bun on top of my head. (Bridget does this all the time and looks so cute).  As I check it out in the mirror, I notice my bangs are horrendously uneven.  So I grab the sissor and trim them, then singe them into a nice little roll with the curling iron.

I make my entrance to our weekly staff meeting 1/2 hour later.  My boss takes one look at me and says, "Glad you could make it, Gidget."

Everyone laughs as I get seated.  I turn to him and coo, "I wouldn't miss it for the world, MoonDoggie."  I receive high fives from everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good thing to have a sense of humor LOL Lori

Anonymous said...

You are so funny...!  And it must be fun to be Mary...Jae

Anonymous said...

LOL! You have a great journal!  I made a comment on the below entry, also, about the race you were in.  BTW, I, too, graduated from U of L (class of 2000, currently going back again) and am a die-hard UK fan. Go Cats! -Michelle

Anonymous said...

Something about Mary!!! Was it about YOU?

Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

Doesn't change my perception of you one bit! Teeheehee. I probably would have made a similar quip back to the big-guy. :-) ---Robbie

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you were adorable.  And it does sound like fun being Mary!  :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, that Gidget quipped cracked me up!  You sure are a quick one.  =P

Is bourbon really good for tomatoes?!