Friday, February 15, 2008

046/365

Spent some time in the "play" room playing around with a design for some thank you cards I need to send out.

I need to send out a big thank you to everyone in AOL land. A big kiss thrown across the miles to Dan of Slapinions , Lori and Guido. I can't express in words how much it meant to me to know that the support and caring that I found years ago in AOL J-Land is alive and well.

I realize that the feeling of community that resides here is something that I have missed for a long time. I thought I was mourning the loss of what it use to be and by being so stiff necked I have totally missed out on what it has been turning into. Which is a strong supportive neighborhood of kind and caring individuals.

Love and Hugs to all who left such nice messages about my Dad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, Your cards are wonderful.   Anne

Anonymous said...

I think that sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees.  But then someone comes along and points us in the right direction.  :)

I loved, loved, loved your card.  Loved it!

Anonymous said...

    I'm glad that you're back. I love your entries, particularly your photos.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I love it!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I came across J-land a little over a year ago. I've been warmed by the support and compassion that flits across the pages. I haven't seen any of your cards yet, but it looks like you are indeed a very creative person. I'm looking forward to knowing you even more as the days go by. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome.  I'm sorry I'm just now getting around to catching up with everyone.  I've been so busy the past week or so.  I hope you and your family are doing well.  I love that picture.  My sister Barbara makes cards like that and I always treasure getting one like that from her.  I'm glad to know that J-land is still what you knew so long ago.  There's still some pettiness going on too, just as there is in any community, but by and large I have found only love, friendship, acceptance, and genuine concern.  Everyone seems to be ready to rally around another J-lander who is going through a rough time.  And it really does help.  I hope you're having a good week!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have been supported by people in the J-land community.    I believe the the photo itself of your playroom is an artwork all by itself.    mark