Thursday, June 17, 2004

Weather report: A Bright Day with Sunny Spells

The next day we walked to downtown Galway and continued to shop and compare pubs.  Interesting fact, the pubs do not open until noon!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

The day was indeed sunny with lots and lots of tourists to share the narrow streets.  The charming quality was highlighted by the abundance of street entertainers and musicians.   

I caved and  gave Joe a reprieve...we headed back to Dublin to turn in the car, cut our tour short and just hang out in the old part of Dublin around Trinity College known as Temple Bar.  

We were warned by my Aunt Kitty to steer clear of this area.  It is a known magnetic for derelict enthusiasts (reportedly from England)  who end up puking in the streets at all hours.

..........hmmmmmmm

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW neat pics of the guy playing. Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I found your journal through a link on svenskagrls journal. I love it!!! My man is from Dublin, he is at work right now but when he gets home I'll have him check this out!!! : ) He will love all the pics! ---Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh Ya, I usually do my journal under the screen name Ann7inFlorida. My journal is called "The littleThings" : )

Anonymous said...

Puking?  Well, it's all a part of seeing the local color, I guess...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Nice.
V

Anonymous said...

So who puked first? The derelict enthusiasts from England, or America? ;-p
:-) ---Robbie

Anonymous said...

More please!  Love this travelogue!

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how happy these stories are making me...thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed all of this and glad I got caught up today.  See you in a week    john

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the chap from "Fiddler on the Roof", but with a Celtic flair!. What's this about Galway pubs not opening until noon??? This has dispelled my conception of the hard-drinking Irish!!....Jon