Monday, July 26, 2004

Digital Diva Diaster

I went to Louisville to visit with Bridget and her boyfriend S.  I have had a hankering to taste the dairy delight I caught on a morning television show, called Geli's Cakes on Bardstown Rd...Italian Ice Cream!!!

It was wonderful!  So creamy and smoother than the ice cream I am accustomed to.  It was absolutely heaven.

I took this picture of Bridget and S. walking down Bardstown Rd. ahead of us.  I thought they looked so cute holding hands.

The digital camera is unforgiving...you can not have the slightest movement.  The shutter is unlike a 35mm SLR which is measured in fractions of a second.  I am disappointed in so many of my blurry pictures.  This one was even worse, because I thought the camera was broke.  In all the pictures there was this strange extra blurry white burst in the left corner!  Oh drat!!! I have finally ruined my camera!

Then I realized all the tainted photo's were after the ice cream......Hey, wait a minute.

I looked at the camera lens...yup!  Ice Cream smeared in the left corner!  But...Italian Ice Cream.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew Italian Ice Cream could be hazardous  to your digital photos.  LOL
Cute pic.

Andi




Anonymous said...

oppppppps bit ooppppppppppps. SOrry they did not turn out. Lori

Anonymous said...

Piggy!  Better keep the camera in the case when you're eating...LOL!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Mary that has been my problem with a digital.  Mine is a Fugi 3800.  I am going to look at a Canon Rebel Digital.  Maybe it will be more forgiving.   john

Anonymous said...

I borrowed my mom's digital camera to take pictures of her at her birthday party Saturday.  I was so frustrated with it because it kept zooming in, which I didn't want, and then it stopped taking pictures altogether.

15 minutes went by with me trying to get another picture, to no avail...until I saw the words in the display on top that indicated the disk was full.

oh.

Anonymous said...

Digital Ice Cream? Hmmmm.  Your daughter and her boyfriend are cute together.

Anonymous said...

I still like the picture. Did you at least lick off the ice cream. : )

Anonymous said...

Now that`s Funny!
V

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh first thing this morning!  Better than my coffee, today!  Cute picture!  JAE

Anonymous said...

first of all...my dig camera goes blurry every other pic and I don't know why..and I hate icecream so it can't be that. But blurry and all you captured the moment and I love it!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!  Damn that italian ice cream!!!  tehehe... Yup, frozen dairy products and delicate camera equipment just don't go together.  It also helps if YOU stay perfectly still, hold your hands steady, and wait until the moment when your subject will be the most stable in your lens.  Good lighting helps too.  Movement photos are still something I struggle with.  Just keep practicing!  :)

It's still a great photo!  Sometimes the blur can be artistic!

Anonymous said...


I LOVE this photograph! Extremely artsy! I'm stunned! I realy like the effect, it has a cool, slightly meloncholy feel!

Always, carly :)

Anonymous said...

oh, I laughed at your story..... we have a lot of cameras here, but Virginia's digital is sacred and magical. SO glad it was just ice cream..... now you will always remember that treat! judi

Anonymous said...

       Ice cream sounds so inviting right now!  

Anonymous said...

I think the picture looks cool with Italian ice cream on the lense!  I have to admit at times I miss my old 35mm ... but, I do LOVE my digital!

Monica

Anonymous said...

I keep smudging my lense too. It's driving me nuts. But, I have the blurred shake problem going on when I try to take a pic too. I like this pic though. It has a mystical look about it. :-) ---Robbie