Monday, July 12, 2004

Temple Bar area of Dublin

This is one of my most cherished photo's of Dublin.  This is the taken on Anglesea St. and Dame St. is seen at the end.  I love it because of the sun just beginning to throw her soft glow over the city.  On the right is the infamous Blooms Hotel where Joe and I stayed for several days,  having given up trying to drive around Ireland.

In the guide book to Ireland we purchased before traveling overseas the building to the left is featured with the comment, "understatement is not a characteristic of Temple Bar".

The cobblestone streets, the bicycles, the iron rails, the vibrant color.....I want to go back.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is indeed one of your best photos of Ireland, but I loved them all. Through your visit there, I was able to learn a lot about the country which I didn't know. Thanks!....Jon

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. We just spend yesterday looking at nwe campers in lexington. We just bought one two yeras ago. But of course a nicer model would greatly be appreciated LOL always want better. BUT you know it took me five years to decide to buy this last one. Lori

Anonymous said...

I love the vibrant colors too especially of that building on the left. :-) ---Robbie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this photograph too........... I continue to be delighted for you this week!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Dublin....i loved the temple bar area.....ahhh memories, cant wait to go back

Anonymous said...

~*Hi*~

Anonymous said...

All of my in-laws on my husband's side were from Dublin. Thanks for sharing the pic! : )

Anonymous said...

And we all want to go with you!  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it so . . . . CLEAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with Nikki, it's so clean.  And I remember your entry on Temple Bar and what a grand time you had there.  Can't blame you for being sick for the Emerald Isles.

Anonymous said...

you are a very lucky person ive always wanted to visit dublin i heard the sunsets can wipe u off ur feet

Anonymous said...

Aww!  I love your Pics!!
V

Anonymous said...

I like your journal.  Come visit mine:

Anonymous said...

       Postcard perfect, Mary!  Awesome!