Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Looking forward

 We had the first frost this past week. It made me realize that the autumn is in full swing and Thanksgiving is only weeks away.  Hey, doesn't that mean Christmas is coming soon!

I look forward to Thanksgiving because its four days of great food.  I attend, at the least, three dinners! ANd also, there is the Thanksgiving Turkey Run at Keeneland which is attended by 2,000 runners.

I look forward to the first snow.  There is something so beautiful and peaceful to a large snowfall in Kentucky.  Everything comes to a halt.  Everyone is still....and it is so quiet and the beauty is just breathtaking.

I look forward to March because it is my birthday and that means a cruise!  I love cruises!  And the warmth on my skin after months of weak sun and cold mornings is much needed.

I look forward to my daughter getting married...hopfully next year.  I tell her we need a year to plan it and invite people and let them adjust their schedules.  I look forward to that.

I look forward to becoming a grandmother.  I need the sweet smell of baby skin.

I look forward to a trip to Alaska...don't know when, but I want to go.

I want to go to Ireland too....to kiss the Blarney stone.

I look forward to replacing and finding a Nikon series F....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great list of gratitude. nice to see you posting more often :) your pics are vivid too... nice job. ~peace~