Sunday, March 19, 2006

DELIGHTFUL DISPENSATION

If the Bishop says so.......

It was so bitter cold! So cold that I watched the end of the parade from inside the building sheltered from the elements.

It is little fun when you are not part of the crowd, so I made my way to the bar and began to watch the NCAA tournament games and ordered an Irish Coffee.

Because.......of dispensation. The Catholic Bishop announced from the alter last Sunday that God understood about St. Paddy Day. (I have given up alcohol for Lent).

The bar became totally crazy in time. Omega called me asking how to find the hotel...at least that is what it sounded like she was asking. It was difficult to hear her over the roar of the masses huddled together bellied up to the bar.

I met her in the room a little while later.

"Where is your luggage?" she asked as I sat on one of the beds with a Sam Adams in one hand, and the tickets to the Saw Doctors in the other.

"In the car!"

"And the car is.........????"

"I'm not sure. I left it with someone at the front of the hotel."

"You mean you just handed over your car over to someone????!!!!!!"

"Yes......gosh, I sure do hope he works with the hotel!!!"

Not to fear. He did.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL loved this. Last year Rob gave up beer and I gave up chocolate. Neither of us were fit to live with. This year I opted to do a good deed everyday instead. I am loving it. Each day I think of something or someone in the morning and follow through. Haven't missed ONE day. I have taken clothes to a women's shelter, food to the local food shelter etc. I so enjoyed having my Irish soda bread and corned beef thanks to our dispensation. It was so good that a woman I work with from Ireland wanted my recipe. Of course, we know that it's not an Irish dish but still I felt honored.

Anonymous said...

did u get to peek under the kilts??? hope u got your car back, hope it was yours. great photos...happy st.pats day....roberta

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great trip...lose the car right in the beginning & get it over with
Marti