Monday, March 27, 2006

TEN THINGS

Lisa's Ten Good Things Weekly

This is Lisa's idea and a pretty darn good one. On every Monday she is going to come up with ten good things that happened to here during the past week.

Pretty cool to focus on the good things in life. I carried a piece of paper around, tucked in my purse and when something nice happened, I would jot it down. Even while I was driving down the road. So some of them are difficult to read!

1) LSU beating Duke!! I will never forgive Duke and Christian Laettner for hitting the miracle shot at the final buzzer of the Regional tournament in 1992. If I see it one more time on TV I will scream. Sure, it was a great shot and he was 100% from the field and on the free throw line. A perfect game. But this was our Un-Forgettable UK Wildcat Team!! Anyone who beats Duke gets my total support!

2) I made a promise to myself a long time ago when I first started the journal that I would not write a hair entry. Oh how I have wanted to write a hair entry since then!! So many times!! This is not a hair entry, this is to just acknowledge that I walked into Great Clips and took my chances! You never know what might happen to you and your head. I got a very nice cut. It looks great. For that, I am so grateful.

3) I participated in the 10K (six + miles) in Louisville this week-end. Around mile four, my hip went out of joint.  Oh the pain! The pain!!  I did not quit as much as I wanted to. I finished it. Barely, but I finished it. I really need to practice more...

4) I lost five pounds in two weeks. Yea!

5) After the race Bridget and I drove around. I always take them out to eat. I wanted the delicious fish at the Suburban Women's Club Fish Fry. A great place that use to be a hole in the wall in the South End of Louisville. It was only open from April until November and then, only on Saturdays. When the Papa John stadium was built for the University of Louisville football team, eminent domain was the finish to the Fish Fry. A brand new modern building was built in the same neighborhood. The fish is still wonderful and scrumptious. And it was open this Saturday!! I purchased two pounds of it. There goes my diet...but I had just hobbled through six miles (+)!!!

6) Reading this great book...can't remember the name, something like The Fairy Princess of Brooklyn...and in it was this great story about her meeting Mick Jagger. I wish I had lived in NYC during the 1960's.

7) The sun was shining brightly on Sunday morning and I was able to take a few pictures with my new camera.

8) I made a trip to The liquor barn in Louisville for a "b double e double r u-n" for Joe. I found a bag of candy assorts that I love. I carried it around the store and then right before I checked out, I put it back. Shocker.

9) I couldn't remember the exact birthday of my long lost pal C., but I knew it was sometime last week. I put together a surprise birthday box of goodies and sent it off! It arrived on the right day! Her birthday!


10) Border Book store and their fabulous CD selection. I was able to find exactly what I was looking for, an Ibrahim Ferrer album. I have listened to it about 100 times since I found it. I love this guys voice. I was so crushed when I found out that he passed away in 2005.

This was a great exercise and I look forward to doing this every week!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list.  And, yes, I'm going to start doing the "write it down" thing this week.  Although, NOT writing it down makes me really sit and think about it on Monday morning.  More time to think positive thoughts...  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Have to agree on No 1, Geaux Tigers- Gents and Ladies! Of course I have my own reasons.
Congrats on the weight and the fish!
Tess

Anonymous said...

This is a good thing to do - and I need to do it.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I , too, am a fan of Ibrahim Ferrer's singing. Just a minor note. According to the VH1 biography (http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/ferrer_ibrahim/bio.jhtml), Ibrahim died August 6, 2005.

wil

Anonymous said...

I've spent the last hour catching up on your blog. I have forgotten why I love reading blogs so much. You are still very much an amazement and as you know... your blog rocks. Hardcore.

~Jaime
jaimechase.com

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry!  Great idea!! Very positive.
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

waht a great idea!  i am going to do that too!
Marti