Sunday, October 30, 2005

SIX DAYS IN CANCUN

Day one in Merida - October 26th - Wednesday

We make the caravan back to the airport. Except our van makes a detour. Our driver is totally unfamiliar with Merida. We are lucky we did not get lost more often. We had vans following us!!! So, we pretended that we wanted to make that wrong turn because there was a gas station on this road!

We arrive at the end of the caravan. We are forced to park outside the airport this morning. I do not know why. We just are. Rumor is it is too overcrowded inside.

Joe and I get out of the Van. Joe had to find a bathroom.

He is not gone two minutes when the word is out. "GET IN THE VANS!!! WE'RE GOING IN." I'm frantic. I do not want to be left behind again! One of the Smurf's assures me it is only a ten minute walk to the front of the airport. He will wait with me.

In the meantime, I search for our van to tell them I will catch up.

THEY"RE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look down the road and there they are. I break into a run! They are gesturing at me to run faster to catch up. I did a pantomime to get them to understand that Joe was in the bathroom! I just rubbed my tummy and yelled "JOE!"

Joe showed up moments later and the Smurf made us jump on one of the buses. Now I was worried that our luggage was going to be lost again!!! I went through too much to get that luggage back to let it out of my sight for one minute!

That is just the way it is. Everything is rush rush rush. Then nothing.

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. For a very long time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds very stressful it would make me sick

Anonymous said...

Ack.  This is never-ending.  I love it (the story of it, that is).

Anonymous said...

I will NEVER, EVER to Mexico...........EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Anne

Anonymous said...

"That is just the way it is. Everything is rush rush rush. Then nothing.
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. For a very long time."

It sounds like you went and enlisted in the military then. ;-)

I laughed at you doing a pantomine of Joe in the bathroom. Probably because I didn't picture you rubbing your belly until you said so. :-D

Anonymous said...

Hurry up and wait.  OMG...how frustrating!!!

Anonymous said...

Just when you thought it was getting better!  Sheesh!
Sam

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with Joe. Everything happens when I'm in the john, too.